Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pommes Frites

Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
- Fran Lebowitz

I was in New York City for a couple of weeks so I have a few things to share. Of course we ate well but we tried to do so within a budget, which can be challenging in NYC. Some friends recommended Pommes Frites in the east village. I wasn't sure if we'd make it there but it happened to be a block away from where my daughter was dancing. It was a really cute and tiny place. I was expecting thin fries but they are fat belgian cut potatoes. We peaked in the back to watch their amazing potato cutting machine.
They have so many sauces to choose from and the guy was very patient and encouraged us to sample some before choosing. I can't even remember which ones we chose but they were all great and the fries where fresh, hot, and delicious.

Julie & Julia is so much fun. I think Meryl Streep did a phenomenal job capturing Julia Child.
Go see it!!
We're planning a dinner honoring Julia Child's birthday which is this Saturday August 15th.
Gather your friends and make some french food.
Bon Appétit.

No comments:

Post a Comment