Saturday, July 4, 2009

Summer's Bounty

Ahh, to pick fresh berries. So delicious. I go to the "nameless "place to pick berries. Normally I like to share all of my sources but "nameless" has become overcrowded and so overpicked they've had to cut their hours! They don't even advertise.
But now it's peach time. I go to Chiles and Henleys for peaches.

I just love this time of the year with all of the amazing fresh produce. I grew a lot of vegetables from seeds this year for the first time, which is extra thrilling. (Although the weeds have taken over with all of this rain)
I took advantage of all of those squash blossoms in the garden one night.

They have a goat cheese filling and a beer batter coating!
I'd never made them before but they were great.




















I made this fresh herb risotto to serve with them.


There is a great web site called eatwellguide.org that helps you find fresh farm sources for food when you're not at home but are trying to cook and eat well. Check it out if you're traveling this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment