As a few of you may have noticed, I haven't been posting a lot lately. Ok, I haven't posted anything since May. No great reason except I've been busy. I think I'm blogged out for now. I am still cooking up a storm and have had some fun summer food experiences. I just haven't taken the time to take photos and write.
I can't thank you enough for reading and responding to posts over the almost three years I've been writing. It has been such a fun outlet for me to share all of these food related experiences as I continue to learn.
I got a Vitamix for my birthday which has opened up a whole new world of smoothies and sauces. It's so much fun.
I missed berry season for canning but have made up for it with peaches. I've canned rosemary peach jam and peach rum sauce. Then I canned some chipotle salsa.
My latest obsession is padron peppers. We had them at a tapas restaurant, then I found them at the farmers market. I sauteed them in a little olive oil, until they blistered, then sprinkled them with smoked sea salt (from Trader Joes). Amazing.
Thanks again and if you want to e-mail me one of your favorite recipes, I would love it!
My food journey will always continue!
Scott
(scott@climbingrose.com)
Miso walnut chocolate chip cookies
10 hours ago
Sorry to see the blog go but know that, with your incredible imagination, you'll dazzle us on some other front soon. Love, Dad
ReplyDelete