Anyway, if you want to please a big group, make a batch of this in your slow cooker.
I usually get a bigger pork shoulder/butt so I double the other ingredients. It freezes well too.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 chipotle, in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) whole tomatoes in puree
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 3/4 pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and halved crosswise
- Flour tortillas, lightly toasted, for garnish (optional)
- Grated cheddar cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine onion, oregano, bay leaves, chipotle, adobo sauce, tomatoes (and purée), salt, and pepper. Add pork; toss to coat with sauce.
- Cover; cook on high setting until meat is pull-apart tender, about 6 hours (do not uncover while cooking).
- Transfer meat to a large bowl; shred with forks, discarding any gristle. Return meat to pot; toss with sauce.
- To serve, discard bay leaves; if desired, garnish with tortillas and cheddar or sour cream.
From Everyday Food, December 2004
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Spicy Pulled Pork Recipe - MarthaStewart.com