Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dining Out

"I don't like food, I love it.  If I don't love it, I don't swallow" 
~Anton Ego from Ratatouille

There's a great article in the New York Times today about restaurants called Restaurants  Stop Playing Hard to Get.  I don't eat out that often, but I am concerned about our local businesses. This is a great restaurant town for it's size, so if you really love a local restaurant, you should try to support it, if at all possible. They can't all survive in this economy. I've seen the down town mall look deserted on a Saturday night. I stopped in the Blue Light Grill for cocktails this past weekend and had a wonderful dinner at C&O celebrating a friend's birthday. I think the service was more attentive than ever before and it made me think how upset I would be if they were ever forced to close. The cozy atmosphere is hard to beat and the food is consistantly good. A highlight from that meal was the blini with a poached egg and smoked salmon ( it would be great for brunch).

My mother took me to lunch at Savour today. I hadn't been intrigued enough to check it out before, but it's really nice inside. On such a cold day to walk in and see two fireplaces burning was a beautiful thing. I love that every thing on the menu is the same price (lunch $9) and  our delicious chicken salads were so big we couldn't finish them.

So take advantage of restaurants needing and truly appreciating your business. You can get a better reservation time and exceptional service.  

No comments:

Post a Comment