Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mail Order Delivery


My first order from King Arthur Flour arrived! I was given some of their italian flour as a gift and it made great fococcia, so I bought some more and am going to try my pizza dough with it. Also trying their unsweetened chocolate because the only thing in my local store is Bakers. Look at all of that vanilla! I got the 32oz size because it's so much more cost effective. The 8 oz. is $19.95  so I got 32oz.'s for $39.95. If any one knows a better deal on nielsen-massey vanilla please let me know. Also excited about the plastic bags. If I'm giving bread or cookies as a gift, it will have a nice baggie on it now.
I also really like Penzeys Spices. I've ordered from them for years  and they just opened a store in Richmond down on Cary St. It's really fun to look around the store. The hot curry powder is fantastic. Please let me know any mail order sources you really like.
And last for today, I hope you all know that a Trader Joes opened in Richmond, out in Short Pump! Very exciting and worth a trip. I've missed it so much from living in Los Angleles for 11 years and only occasionally get by one in the DC area or Newport News. We can dream about the day Charlottesville gets one!

No comments:

Post a Comment