Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Short Ribs

I've only made short ribs a couple of times but this recipe is a keeper. I read an interview with Mark Bittman when he was leaving his regular column in The New York Times. They asked him to list his top ten recipes from all of his years of cooking and writing. This was one of them and it's so easy. Check it out: Short Ribs with Coffee and Chilis. After browning them I cooked them in the oven for almost three hours.
I served them over cheesy polenta and it was a fabulous combination.
And on a local note, we finally made it to the new Peter Changs. It was really good, but I can't wait to go back and try more dishes. They do have their wine/beer license and the service was good on a busy Friday night. Word on the street is that Mr. Chang may be there only temporarily and is just lending his name to the restaurant. Maybe he has another place in Atlanta? Not sure what to believe...... but I'll keep eating his creations if they're this good.

1 comment:

  1. As you can see from the photos; we are vegans. Except for the meat and cheese.

    ReplyDelete