Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Apple Season

We eat a lot of apples in our house, so apple season makes me very happy. There are a lot of wonderful orchards near where we live in Charlottesville to buy local apples and even pick your own. There's Carter Mountain, Drumheller's Orchard, Chile's Orchard and many more. My mom brought me some wonderful apples from Flippin-Seaman Inc, so I made some applesauce. I forgot how wonderful it is and  just how quick and easy it is to make. I don't have a food mill so I peeled and cored them first.
After they cooked down I mashed them with my potato masher and then hit them with the immersion blender briefly. Add what ever spices you like. I put cinnamon, ginger, cloves and a little brown sugar and lemon juice. It freezes well too.
 So grab some fabulous fall apples and make some amazing applesauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment