Monday, September 20, 2010

Sweet Potatoes

Most of my garden is a dried up weed ridden mess, but the sweet potatoes I planted in May or June were still growing.  What a blast to dig around in the dirt and hunt for the sweet potatoes. I want to try lots of other potatoes next year.
I made a sweet potato pie with them and still have enough left to try these Stir Fried Sweet Potatoes from Mark Bittman.
I hosted a 50th birthday cocktail party for a friend recently and the cocktails were a hit.

It's hard to go wrong with these pomegranate cosmos. We make them by the pitcher in advance and keep them in the freezer. Then all you have to do is shake and serve. This makes about 6 drinks
Pomegranate Cosmos
2 cups good vodka
1 cup Cointreau
1 cup Pom pomegranate juice
1/2 cup fresh lime juice

Combine, shake, enjoy! They go down a little too smoothly so depending how crazy you want things to get, you may want to pace your guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment