Monday, September 13, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I spent Labor Day weekend in NYC , a birthday celebration/reunion with friends. I know, poor me.
Some of the dining highlights were: Libertador- Argentinean food on the upper east side. We had a very festive meal, my friend Laura goes there a lot and loves the salmon. We all shared empanadas and I had a skirt steak with chimichurri sauce.
They brought a wonderful dessert to the birthday girls.
Another day we walked over to the west side and had lunch at Cafe Frida (as in Kahlo) a yummy Mexican place. Not your typical 'taco with rice and beans' place.

I was in the mood for a salad and got this wonderful sesame crusted seared tuna on greens, with a nice spicy dressing


And for the uber trendy experience, after walking The Highline in Chelsea we went to the rooftop bar at the Standard Hotel for cocktails. Great views.

Then there was a stop for icecream at a little stand outside of Cafe Cluny in the village. It was amazing icecream and everyone went crazy for the mint chocolate chip. It was actually very similar to the bright yellow mint icecream I made and wrote about in July.

New York never lets you down when it comes to eating and always keeps me coming back for more amazing food experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment