Sunday, February 7, 2010

Samosas

When our girls went to public school in the very ethnically diverse Los Angeles County, a school potluck was an international feast. I have a vivid memory of the Indian mother that brought the most incredible samosas to a kindergarten gathering. I've always wanted to try making them.
I followed the recipe from the new Gourmet Today. I can't find the exact recipe on line but this link is pretty close. I chose to make the classic potato and pea filling(which is vegan) but the spiced lamb sounds good too.
Next time I think I would roll the dough a little bit thinner.
Here they are waiting their turn to be fried.
The filling had a nice spicy kick, so we ate them with a bit of mango chutney.
Next time I make shrimp curry for a dinner party I think these would be lovely with cocktails!

No comments:

Post a Comment