Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Classic Cookbook

While wondering through a thrift store in Gloucester VA recently, I had a score of a find! I always head right to the cookbook section of used book stores just to see what they have. Well, there sat an original "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" in great shape and a tag on it for $2.95! I was thrilled! It's not the first printing in 1961 but soon after. It was a missing link in my cookbook collection.
As I thumbed through the book on the way home I thought, wasn't it about a year ago that I made a big french dinner in honor of Julia Child's birthday?  Well I checked and yes it was, to the day! I found her amazing book on what would have been her 98th birthday.
I have no plans to try to bone a duck but I better do her proud and make some boeuf bourguignon!

No comments:

Post a Comment