Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pad Thai

One of my daughters loves Pad Thai whenever we go out for Thai food, so I decided to try making it at home. Mark Bittman did a piece on it in the New York Times a couple of weeks ago. The first time I made it I didn't have all of the exact ingredients, so next time I stopped by C'ville Oriental because I knew they would have everything.
It's in Seminole Square Shopping Center and has everything you could possibly need for making Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, or Thai. They have fresh asian produce too.
It's really fun to look around in there. For this I needed rice noodles and tamarind paste. Here's the recipe I followed for Pad Thai.
It's quite easy and quick once you assemble all of your ingredients.
Add extra spice if you like an extra kick.

1 comment:

  1. i still haven't mastered making the perfect pad thai! looks like u did!

    ReplyDelete