Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Eve Dinner


We always have our big holiday dinner on Christmas Eve. That way we can hang out in our PJ's all day on Christmas Day with no pressure of entertaining or cooking. That's a good thing!
 My Dad is always here and sometimes my Mom and stepfather.
 My Dad does an amazing job with lamb, so he makes it most years. This year he roasted it with rosemary and garlic and then deglazed the pan with some red wine. It was delicious!


 We also had potatoes dauphinois (scalloped potatoes with gruyere), creamed spinach, rolls and we started with a roasted butternut squash salad with cider vinaigrette. This salad was really good but I think the squash needed to be roasted a little longer than the recipe states.

For dessert I did a pumpkin roulade with ginger buttercream. It was quite easy to make. Here I am rolling the ginger buttercream into the cake.

And then the finished cake with holiday embellishments!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment