Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Julia Child Birthday Dinner


"If you're afraid of butter, use cream"
-Julia Child

I had a great time cooking and eating french recipes from Julia Child to honor her birthday.
We had my mom and stepfather over and they brought the champagne!
We started with a Bacon-and-Leek Quiche. It was a Julia recipe reprinted in Food & Wine's August issue.
My crust cracked a little and some of the filling ran out but it was still delicious.
















For our main course I made her Salad Niçoise. Instead of canned tuna we grilled some wonderful fresh tuna our neighbor caught down in North Carolina. I baked some french baguettes to serve with it. What a great summer al fresco meal!
















And of course there was dessert. I made profiteroles using Ina Garten's recipe for the dough. Julia's recipe just seemed a little more complicated. We filled them with vanilla and coffee hagen daz and topped it with hot fudge sauce ( a Julia recipe).
My mom loved these so much she took this picture and printed it into a post card. Very cute!





No comments:

Post a Comment